Thursday 11 October 2012

Enrapture Amplify Jumbo Waver Review



























A common reaction I get when I bring out the Enrapture Amplify Jumbo Waver is...

“Wow that thing is huge!"

While a less common one has been...

“Can you make me a wavey toastie with it?”

Strangely enough I haven’t tried making a wavey toastie with the Jumbo Waver, but I do agree that this styling tool is on the large side.





















I had been coveting this hair styling tool since blog reviews and hype about the Enrapture brand hit the internet about a year ago. 

The Jumbo Waver was pitched to deliver the bo-ho wave look worn by the Oslen twins and Kate Hudson, and it’s size plays a large role in this.

The 25 mm Jumbo barrels produce S- shaped waves, which I feel are dissimilar to the tighter looking waves produced by other crimping tools on the market. The titanium plating on the barrels are also a bonus as they give the waves a smooth and shiny finish. 





































The best way to use the Waver is to divide your hair into sections. Starting with the underneath parts of your hair, clamp at the root away from the scalp for a few seconds and then move downwards overlapping on the last wave. 

What I can’t stress enough is HEAT PROTECT! HEAT PROTECT! Spray each section before starting unless you want to make a wavey toastie out of your hair. 

The process of styling with this tool does I admit take a while, and because of the size I do get arm ache. Also the Jumbo Waver can get hot so don’t get bored go off on a day-dream and accidently burn yourself with it!

The tool comes with easy to use heat settings for a low-medium-high heat. For my hair I usually keep it on low to medium setting. There is no way of knowing when you turn the Waver on that it has finished heating up, but it heats up quickly after about 2 minutes, and the tool comes with a heat resistant mat which is very handy.

The Enrapture Amplify Jumbo Waver is available at Boots, Debenhams, and other leading stockists for around £74.99.  

























                                                                    Face
                                      Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer Light 2
                                                   Mac Studio Finish Concealer NW20
                                                Mac Studio Fix Fluid Foundation NW20
                                                   Body Shop Moisture Foundation 05
                                                                                Eyes 
                                             Matte Black from Sleek i-Divine Storm Palette 
                                                  Mac Fluidline Eye Liner Gel in Blacktrack
                                      Maybelline the Colossal Volum' Express Mascara Cat Eyes
                                                                                 Lips
                                           Mac Fashion Nomad Mattene Lipstick Styleseekers

I love my Enrapture Jumbo Waver and I am so glad I brought it! At the moment this is my go-to hair styling tool as it offers a different look to the regular hair straightening and curling. It also adds some volume to my shorter hair, but I would recommend adding some volumizing mousse to the roots of your hair beforehand. The effect can last in your hair for 2-3 days and you can have fun wearing it up or down.

I recently wore this look out on a night out. Starting out in a cute little Vinyl Vintage Night hosted in a restaurant in my hometown. The main attraction was Teapot Cocktails served with cups and saucers.  Here you can see me helping myself to some Long Island Ice Tea. 

What's your favourite hair styling tool? 


























Listening while I blog...
Teenage Colour by College



1 comments:

Mery said...

hello dear!
i did not know your blog, it's great!
you have a new follower, follow me back?

algopasaconmeryblog.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting