Saturday 28 July 2012

Body Shop Vitamin E Facial Range






































This facial care set is hands down the best beauty purchase I’ve made! I had been divvying about whether to invest in a cleanser, toner, and moisturizer set simply because I’m lazy and it can be pricey.

I’ve had my eye on the Body Shop Vitamin E range since I had a free makeover at one of their stores and the assistant used this range. However at £7.00 each for the Vitamin E Cream Cleanser and Hydrating Toner, and £9.00 for the Moisture Cream I thought I wait around a bit.

I must say the good thing about Body Shop is that they do have offers on all the time I picked up this set in goodie bag plus another Moisture Cream for around £16.00.
 











To the Products:  
Vitamin E Cream Cleanser - A cleanser unclogs pores, removes dirt, oil, and makeup. This cleanser has a very soft water based consistency, although containing oils and shea butter it doesn’t leave my skin feeling oily or greasy.

Vitamin E Hydrating Toner - A toner gets rid of any excess dirt and closes pores. I have used toners in the past which have contained alcohol and have been quite harsh to my skin. However this is alcohol-free nice-smelling liquid which deep cleans any leftover dirt or oil leaving my skin feeling soft.

Vitamin E Moisture Cream - This moisturiser has a soft water based texture. It is not too thick and doesn’t leave my face looking shiny. I would recommend to use sparely just under the eyes and on any dry spots as a little goes a long way.

The condition of my skin has markedly improved since using this set. It is important to remove all your makeup with a facial wipe before bed. However I always find that there is still product left on my face and this set is brilliant accessing the leftovers. My pores feel a lot clearer and I am more confident about the appearance of my face without makeup. Another important thing is that this set is so gentle. It doesn’t leave my skin feeling red and irritable.

I use these three in the morning after using a face wash to remove the excess product, and in the evening after removing makeup.

I brought this set in February and it’s still going strong.
On a side note I thought I would provide some information on Vitamin E. A lot of beauty products seem to have Vitamin E but don’t actually say the benefits of it or what it does.

Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant which your body cannot produce itself. Your body is made up of set of atoms which try to maintain an even set of electrons. Daily life can wear out your skin and cause atoms with an uneven set of electrons and cellar damage such as wrinkles and skin dryness can follow. Vitamin E neutralizes these unstable atoms and prevents such cellar damage occurring. Vitamin E can reduce age spots, wrinkles, decrease drying, and acts as a moisturizer. It can also prevent cancer. Alongside being available in beauty products it also can be part of a healthy diet in foods such as almonds, asparagus, hazelnuts and broccoli. 

Listening while I blog..

Ben Howard - Only Love. I think Ben Howard is the sound of summer 2012. His music is all over the radio and I love solo acoustic artists are getting some airplay now after a slight drought since Jack Johnson and Jose Gonzalez. The guitar has a lovely sweet sound and his voice is so beautiful as well.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Big fan of TBS but it is a bit over priced I think. If you're looking to invest in the Vitamin E range more I can totally recommend the serum and eye cream.
Great post!
xx
vividbeautyblog.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting