Wednesday 25 July 2012

Put the Lime in the Coconut


About two years ago my hair was in terrible condition. I had over processed my hair with heat and repeated colouring to the point it looked like a lion’s mane, so I decided to make a hair resolution and take care of it properly. 

I heard regular hair treatments, among other methods, were the best way to go, and using coconut oil is a cheap and healthy way to moisturize hair.

What I like about using coconut oil is that you can easily insert it into your beauty routine without too much fuss. I tend to use it every week/fortnight, just before bed, by applying it to the ends then tying it up and washing it out in the morning. The important thing is to use sparingly and wash out the oil out completely otherwise your hair will be greasy during the day. 

After using coconut oil for about two years I have noticed an improvement to the condition of my hair. It feels a lot softer and is easier to manage. Along with this hair treatment I have been using other techniques for my hair resolution and I will do a post/s about them all.

I ordered this 460g tub from http://www.coconoil.co.uk/ for about £6.00. Although the company has expanded now and this tub costs around £11.49 they do offer free shipping. I would recommend picking up a tub from them as I have had mine for 2 years and have yet to run out. You also get a brochure detailing the ridiculous amount of uses for coconut oil - cooking, skin care, lubricant!

Listening while I blog..

I thought I would be topical with this post. Harry Nilsson - Coconut. This is one of my favourite drunk songs, I liked it ever since it was used in the Midnight Margaritas scene in Practical Magic. Movie trivia: the actresses were actually drunk in the scene on a bottle of tequila brought by Nicole Kidman :)


3 comments:

DianaLuv said...

I really should put this stuff in my hair more often because its amazing! The only think I dont like is that it weighs down my hair a bit :P awesome posts. Im a new follower by the way!

If you get a chance stop by my Beauty blog =)

dianaluv.blogspot.com

DianaLuv said...

Awe just noticed im your first follower on GFC? Congrats I look forward to reading your future posts!

Catherine said...

Aw yay my first follower! Thank you for commenting and following. Yup I have noticed that coconut oil does weigh down hair so i do just use it on the ends. Just checked out your blog I really like your post on a Mac Please Me Dupe. Great Photos! Thanks again for following! :)

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting