Monday 30 July 2012

Hue Mac Lipstick Review































I’ve been eyeing up this lipstick for some time. Well Mac lipsticks in general. This Hue colour stuck out to me as having the soft pale pink nude tone which I have been harboring after.

I love smokey eye looks teamed with nude lip colours and this lipstick is the key ingredient to creating that look.


It has a very soft creamy feeling which glides on application without too much pressure. It is a Glaze finish which Mac defines as...

Low-colour impact with sheen-style finish. Glazes the lips, makes them shine !












The glaze finish means that this lipstick does sit on the dry spots of the lips so I would recommend using lip balm to ensure your lips are moisturised before. The staying power isn’t brilliant but this may not be a problem if you don’t mind repeated application.



The selling point on this lipstick is the very pretty nude pale pink tone which goes well with my NW20 skin, and would look great on all skin tones. It also has a nice chocolaty vanilla scent! 

This is my first Mac Lipstick purchase and at £14.00 full price I must admit you don’t get much product with the lipstick measuring at 2.5cm. I picked this up at Debenhams on the sale which they tend to have every year. 


The Hue Mac Lipstick is a bible lipstick for many and I would say the mixture of the pale pink and nude has made me a follower. This is great for starting my collection of nude lipsticks and I will be looking out for a Hue dupe in the future. 

Listening while I blog... 

Taylor Swift ft. The Civil Wars – Safe and Sound. I’ve never really been a fan of Taylor Swift until I heard this song. It has a played down folk quality which I like. The twangy guitar riff coupled with the harmonies from The Civil Wars make it an sad and eerie lullaby to Suzanne Collins trilogy and recent film adaptation The Hunger Games.  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This colour really suits you, looks so nice!

Tanesha x
www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

Anonymous said...

lovely blog! new follower xx

Catherine said...

Aw hi there! Thank you so much for following :)

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting