Sunday 29 July 2012

Maybelline the Colossal Volum' Express Mascara Cat Eyes






































I tend to ignore mascara advertising campaigns simply because it’s obvious the model is wearing fake eyelashes and has been touched up to the nines. 

I just want a mascara that gives some volume to my lashes, doesn’t clump, or do the dreaded slip up and smear all around the sides of my eyes when applying. 

Based on these guidelines I think Maybelline the Colossal Volum’ Express Mascara Cat Eyes hits at least two marks of three.















The advertising campaign for this mascara claims it brings out the "feline edge” by extending lashes with its “claw-like” brush. Well if you believe that you believe anything. I goggled cat-eye makeup and think you may need several other ingredients to achieve this look effectively like heavy black-eyeliner and a set of falsies with a winged outer edge.

I must say I do like this mascara.

The "claw-like" curved brush means that it is very easy to apply, and it doesn’t slip and smear during application, particularly on the bottom lashes. The shape of the brush also means it can give a good amount of volume. However after repeated applications my lashes do clump together and don’t look as separate and full as I’d like. I think the trick is to apply sparely to achieve a winged effect. 






































I’ve never used a curved brush before and I think that’s the selling point for me on this mascara. In the future I will be on the look-out curved mascara that doesn’t clump.

Before









After












Maybelline the Colossal Volum’ Express Mascara Cat Eyes £7.19 at Boots

Listening while I blog..  
City and Colour- Fragile Bird. 


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting